Welcome to the blog for JRM327, Social Media, a class at in the Department of Journalism, Media and Computing at Creighton University. The blog serves as the class virtual meeting place and repository of course information and links. The course explores the development, art and practice of writing, editing and producing social media content over a range of platforms and networks in news, public relations and advertising.
- Identify and understand the history and development of social media as part of Web 2.0
- Develop expertise in writing and editing social media content using tools such as blogging, microblogging and social networking.
- Integrate social media into an overall communications strategy in news, public relations or advertising.
- Understand the ethical, legal and social justice elements of social media
- Develop tools and skills to train others in various aspects of social media