The grades in this class will be made up of these elements:
- Blog 75 points (15 at 5 points each; 10 required, 5 freestyle)
The 10 assigned blogs are due nearly every Monday. Check course schedule. Three freestyle blogs are due before midterm; two after. See blog requirements.
- Twitter 40 points (Four points for each week.)
Twitter requirements are at least 10 tweets a week on social media/media with the #hashtag of #jrm327. No more than five can be RTs.
- Personal brand portfolio 75 points (Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter, Blog) + Analytics +Engagement
The exact parts of the portfolio will be handed out on Jan. 15. Content and engagement will be part of the grade. Due Feb. 29
- Developing a social media policy 20 points
You will develop a policy for an organization you know/are involved with. Due Feb. 8.
- Curation/Storify project 20 points
You’ll develop a Storify on a subject/event of your choosing. Grade will be based on annotation, quality. Due Feb. 8
- Final project/presentation 100 points (25 points for presentation)
Develop a social media plan that addresses a particular problem including presentation of plan. Presentations are April 18, April 23. Projects due April 25. (Pie Day).
- Test on terms 50 points Feb. 27
- Social Media for Good: 15 points Feb. 15 1-4 p.m.
Workshop for area nonprofits. You’ll be assisting Kelly McManus and Amanda Burkey in the workshop/coaching the participants.
- Various in-class projects. Point totals vary; Usually 5 to 10 points